Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Scream Parodies



This year the 7th graders learned about the iconic painting The Scream by Edvard Munch. We looked at art parody and the kids were able to plan a theme for their own Screams. The students chose their preferred materials for the front figure and background which they created separately and then attached in the composition of The Scream.


























Other years the 7th graders have parodied Mona Lisa, American Gothic and Vermeer's Milkmaid.






2 comments:

  1. Hi! I can't find your e-mail to mail you back...You have a lot of F-U-N projects here!! I can't wait to use them! :)

    With the plaid mittens, I gave each child a thin and thick (flat like) paint brush and we used liquid watercolors. I demonstrated and they followed along on their own paper, they filled up a 9x12 piece of construction paper, their choice in color. Before their next art class I trace the mittens on the back of their papers and then they cut them out, along with their arms. We used construction paper crayons for the wind and snow background, did that before they glued the mittens down.

    Hope that helps!! Keep up the great work here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I found your blog through the post of Art with mister E.
    I recently became a blogger too. It's such a nice community!
    Maybe you can visit my blog too? I became a follower here, you have a lot of nice projects!

    Greetings from Belgium from Blue-bird at
    http://artlessonsfrombelgium.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete